BEST AC CORD UNDER 1000?

anybody has any suggestion for the best AC cord on the market?
i am upgrading all my system and need a set of AC cord, i am thinking to go with psaudio lab cable or black mamba, but after doing some research the whale elite seems to be popular, any recommendation?
dynamics20

Showing 6 responses by neubilder

presumably the best cord would be the same stuff your house is wired with at 30 cents a foot, would it not?
Bmpnyc - If a house is wired with standard 12 or 14 guage conductor, what difference could dangling some insanely expensive power cord at the end of it possibly make. Honestly! It doesn't make sense. A power chord is a conductor not a generator. Unless you have a team of nymphs on exercise bikes generating 120 volts of the sweetest purest AC power, I can't see the point in exotic high priced snake-like power cables.

How do you like that!
Seriously - can anyone explain how an exotic cable could possibly be beneficial when the outlet it is plugged into is wired with standard 12 or 14 guage conductor through a series of twisted connections? Vegasears comment seems logical to me. It makes a lot more sense to hard-wire your system to the panel before spending money on expensive cable. Am I missing something?
Whatjd, I think your analogy is not logical. Your first anaogy would make sense if you were talking about amplifiers or speakers etc. If you are comparing a 50 foot run of cheap wiring terminated with a few feet of exotic power cord then I would make a different analogy. Something along the lines of "my porsche runs better because the fuel was pumped through a very, very good hose!"