Nitty Gritty or VPI, Which record cleaner ? ? ? ?

Hi, I'm getting back into vinyl and would like to buy a semiautomatic or automatic record clesner. I'm thinking about the Nitty Gritty 1.5 fi or the VPI 16.5.
Any help in this matter will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks.
Ag insider logo xs@2xramond
I've owned both the NG "MiniPro" and the VPI HW-17F and decided to stick with the VPI. The NG just isn't near as good as the 17F, in my opinion. Money well spent...
I've never had the nitty gritty but I've used it on many occasions. I just sold my VPI 16.5 which I've had for years. Given the choice between the two I prefer the VPI. The reason I sold mine was to purchase the sota record cleaner. It is very similar to the VPI and has features to suggest it would fit between the 16.5 and the 17. It is quieter than the 16.5 if that is an issue which to some people it obviously will be. I've taken my 16.5 apart to a degree and found it to be a very simple machine. From what I've seen the Sota is better made with better parts. If you are convinced that only the two choices you listed are options than I say again go with the VPI. If you want to step up a bit without spending $1000 on the VPI HW-17 contact Sota for a local dealer. You won't be disappointed.
I also own a Nitty Gritty and agree with Drubin. If you spend more more now you will not regret it.