Your analysis of Analysis plus spk.cable

Would appreciate your opinion of the analysis plus speaker cable. Would be using it with magnepan speakers & ayre v3 amp.
geno
I purchased a 2 run bi-wire set of AP Oval 12's for my Maggie 1.5's. Out of the box they were disappointing - very thin sounding. After 50 or so hours they are starting to sound better and I hope they continue to get better. Regardless of what people say about the quality of cables and whether or not they have a break in period its my observation that in my system they are changing for the better over time but I think its going to take quite a while before they settle in - maybe 250 hrs or so. Hey this is just my opinion....
RGD, going by the experience that i had with them, they will fill out slightly but not by a massive amount. Your assesment of appr. 250 hours is probably in the ballpark, but may vary with how much power you put through them. I ran my Oval 9's for over 500+ hrs. and thought that they were notably lean and tizzy sounding. Believe me, i was not "shy" with pumping some power through them either. On the other hand, i know others that have tried them and said that they came across as sounding "warm" in their system. Like i said, a love / hate kinda thing that's very system dependent. Sean >
I too am using Maggies and an Ayre V3. I found a bi-wired pair of Alpha-Core Goertz MI2 Veracity too be a good match with the Maggies and Ayre. Just my 2 cents...Best-Gary
Analysis Plus makes an amazing cable. I have Silver Oval speaker cable and Copper Oval IC's. These have outperformed Audioquest and MIT by a LARGE margin in my system. You need to try them in your system. I thought they were great out of the box and only got better after break-in. They brought out about 20% of music I never heard before in my discs. Highly recommended.
Have no problems with the AP Oval 9's. Been using them for about 3 months in a wide variety of system from solid state to tube amps, no problem, works great! The only speaker this thing does not work well with is the Jm Labs. Other than that it has worked with Merlins, Vienna Acoustics, Dynaudios, Sonus Fabers, Totems and EPOS.