What makes your Home Theater system

I went to see "Hellboy" the other night at the local IMAX theater. I must say this film was quite impressive on a grand scale! Very very very dynamic and powerful indeed. I always like to go see these types of blockbuster action flicks at a good cineplex first, so I can compare to home systems for refernce, at the very least. (I like to remember what it was like on the big system/screen in the back of my mind).
There is a lot about these large theaters and powerful suuround systems that is to be admired. Yet I find that the theater experience is quite diferent from what most of us experience at home on our systems...for better or worse. I'm wondering if anyone here as any input as to what it is about "their system" that they feel makes it special?!
Please be specific about equipment, room, set up, acoustics, whatever. Thanks for input
exertfluffer
What makes my HT special?

I'm not into sharing armrests. And, I get to pause the film when I need a bathroom break. Oh yeah, my chair is much more comfortable than the fake velvet fold down chair in the theater with the gum and nachos stains on it. And I can turn off all the cell phones in the area. Hmm. Plus, there aren't any wailing babies. And I can stretch out my legs and don't end up with mashed knees after a two hour film.

And if that weren't enough, those nasty movie theater owners take exception when I try to bring in my bottle of Macallan 18yo.
Get a front projector for your home theater instead of a big screen tv. Watching it on a good screen maybe 100" diagonal with a decent surround sound system is awesome, and the new projectors and screen cost less than most plasma tv's. Also HDTV looks great, and DVD's look great. Standard tv looks very good, pretty good or grainy depending on the channel & program.
100" screen, 3 sub's and over 5,000 watts of power. I will say that I don't watch a lot of movies, but when I do watch one it sounds better than any theater in Michigan that is near my home. My projector is just an Infocus X-1 and not a true hi-end projector...but all me and mine need and much more fun than my Hi-Def RPTV thats in the living room system.

Dave
Front projector w/100" screen and Theil 1.2 all around. But the best part which seperates my HT from any Theater I have ever been to is my Cinema chairs. I have never been as comfortable at any theater as I am in my sweet spot in my chair. I have 2 rows. The first row at ground level has 3 Cinema chairs that form an arc. The 2nd row is elevated by 12" and has 4 Cinema chairs forming a straight line.
When the movie happens to be a chick flick ( I have to daughters and my wife). I just hit the recline button and pretend I am watching. Sometimes the snoring clues them in though.
First off its the acoustic treatments.I made all of mine.Tube traps,acoustic panels and skyline diffusers.I use three B&K ST-140's.Not alot of power but they do 85db all day.Then it's six Paradigm mini mk3's.Textile domes all day long.My EAD Ovation is as sweet as they come.My six and a half foot wide hidef NEC projector gets the blacks right with help from a Dwin Transcanner.Not perfect but it looks so much like film.SACD/DVD-A with a Pioneer 563/Outlaw Audio ICBM combo unstoppable.My subwoofer system is to die for.Two Adire 15" Tumult drivers in 2.5 cu. ft enclosures each.One Adcom GFA 555mkII for each 15 bridge mono.One Behringer 1124p parametric to round out the peaks.Soon to be added to the subs is a Marchand Audio BASSIS to extend the bass pass its F3 point of 27hz down around 18hz and an adjusable "Q".......and last but not least my five year old cheering on the boys in Lord of the rings...priceless! And waitting for The return of the King!!!!!!!!