high end progressive scan dvd player

i am looking for a high end progressive scan dvd player. i have done a lot of research and found that many have the chroma bug problem. can anyone suggest a quality player that doesn't have that problem. and is it really that big a problem in the first place. thanks for your help.

i use a mitsubishi rear projection if that matters.
mcalarco1
Stereophile Guide to Home Theater said they wouldn't disqualify recommending a DVD player because of the chroma bug. The fuss over this chroma bug is blown out of proportion because it affects very, very few DVDs. It was caught by some sharp eyed guy, and now is one of many tests that reviewers like to run.

That said, the new Denon DVD models (9000 and 3800) supposedly fix the chroma bug from their 2800 model, and they use the silicon chip. I still haven't seen any reviews on these models yet, but I imagine that they'll be good.
Turnaround, the dealer that made the comments about the Kenwood Sovereign is a Denon dealer. He told me that he thought that the Denon's were quite good but that the Kenwood was better. As previously mentioned, he is not a Kenwood dealer. If i was in the market for a new DVD player, his enthusiastic comments about the Kenwood would at least have me checking it out. As to whether i or anyone else liked it best would be a matter of personal taste. Just figured i'd pass that on... Sean
>
Ayre and Proceed both offer units that are considered to have superb video and matching audio quality, if you are inclined to spend $5K+ on a player.
If you don't care about DVD-Audio, jump on the first available used EAD TVP. it is by far the best progressive video player out there. It has the silicon chip which is one of the finest. EAD don't put it in there new DVD audio capable players and it's a shame.I own the TVP and it is stunning.
Check out the new Denon 1600 review over at Secrets HI-FI. They were the one's to first notice and define the chroma bug and they preatty much went go-go over this player. As far as comments about far and away this player is better than that player I find it very hard to make those comments if you haven't personally seen these players on the same compenents properly set-up and configured so that one can compare apples to apples. Hope that helps!!

Roy