Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
John Atkinson just e mailed me and advised that Kal Rubinson is reviewing the DEQX PreMATE in the December issue of Stereophile. JA said that Kal's review is "enthusiastic." Looking forward to reading the review.
One of the reasons I jumped in with DEQX was because every review I could find was 'enthusiastic' (rather an understatement, read John Atkinsons previous comment here: http://www.stereophile.com/content/gob-smacked-deqx). Then I heard what it did for myself and I knew it was what I needed - initially just to sort out the bass my room. The speaker correction part was a bonus
Drewan ... IME, as I stated above and/or elsewhere, room EQ what effects cannot be understated ... unless your sound room is an anechoic chamber. I was *VERY* surprised at how my sound room/man cave twisted the mid and bass frequencies in my right front facing speaker. The result was smeared imaging. Didn't appreciate the impact of the room issues until the DEQX effected room EQ.

Time alignment, I think goes more to tonal attributes because the impact of high order x-overs is to skew/jumble the speaker's output signal. See Roy Johnson's White Paper. Having said that, ... perhaps correcting time alignment might have other qualitative sonic benefits too.

Let's face it. Most of the tippy-top big dollar brands on the market are not time coherent, yet people still rave anyway. For example, Magico, Wilson, B&W, Daedalus, and so forth. Maybe if one gets used to sonic swill, it sounds good after a while. LOL :)