Best Home Theater Seperates below $4K

What are the best Home Theater separates (amp & processor) below $4K? Also what is the best DVD player less than $1K?
jwhcfi
If analog music playback is a primary requirement, as well as the HT side of the house, then the Classe' SSP-25 (which I own) is the choice at $3000. It has DTS/DD/THX, and a true high-end analog bypass mode for analog sources, and the unit sounds wonderful..open, spacious, and, on the analog bypass, a wonderful pre-amp in on it's own right. If analog is not a concern, or focus, the Parasound AVC-2500, at $3295 ( usually about $2800 with the RF for DD LD's), has OSD, and a tuner, as well. All it's analog inputs are first converted to digital, however, but the sound is very good. I never find the Classe's lack of an OSD to be an issue, as the display is very well-done, conveying all information needed. Also, when I am doing a "balance trim", on the fly, no OSD to distract the viewers. Multi-channel amps from Rotel and Parasound are about $1000, so the $4000 budget could be satisfied. Hope this helps. I researched the processors extensively, and had $3000 for my upgrade. I was able to get the SSP-25, with the internal RF, a line conditioner, some upgraded cables, and some new small signal tubes for my JoLida 502, all for the $3000 price point. Mike Colwell [email protected]
BTW: The Pioneer Elite DV-05, at $1000msrp ($700 street) is, hands down, the best under $1000 DVD player. Mike
Although I do not own Parasound gear but rather some Proceed and Aragon gear, a friend of mine does. I would strongly suggest you audition Parasound in your price range. Until recently I was unfamiliar with the brand but am certain that this brand represents a very good value combined with very good performance.
Not saying anyone is wrong above, but I think there missing out on the King. "Lexicon" for Home theater. You can pick up a DC-1 for about 1700.00 from a store if they have any trade ins. As for amps, the ATI1505 is a very good amp, I have heard it and it's smooth. Also look at reveiws. As stated above Proceed and Classe are very good, but if your interested in pure A/v and not so much audio, I think there are better value's out there. Also if you want to save a few bucks. B&K REF20 and AV5000ii combo is a great way to go. Has very good reveiws. I have heard it and was very impressed. I know B&K is upgradable, but have not talked to them about Logic7 and EX formats. Brian