Cheap tweaks...What would YOU reccomend?

Hey everyone, I am looking for some cheap tweaks, i just got done putting in a inner tube under my componets as an isolation device, and it works great. What else would you reccomend?..i am also thinking of an inner tube under the spkrs, with some sort of device to keep them stable. What do you think of Rf blockers..etc Please leave comments on your tweaks and how they turned out. i am looking forward to trying some. Thanks all
haoleb
Gonglee3,

I am doing almost exactly what you are doing. I've recently switched back to my ancient pair of Monster Reference 2 interconnects. And, I cut the ends off my USB cord to make a pair of CAT5 speaker cables. The results are phenomenal.
I'm not going to read this whole 2 year old thread but can offer the best tweak I've ever had. Bought a used copy of the original 'Rolling Stone Record Guide' (1979) off of Ebay recently. I had this book when it was new but misplaced it over the years. The guide and a good source for vinyl are the absolute best tweak ever.
I recently put my floor standers w/spikes on concrete pavers ($1.99 ea.) in my system made a difference of a two level upgrade.
hockey pucks! get a marble slab a little wider then your speakers, mount that on 4 pucks, and then put spiked or non spiked speaker on top. Also put them under the electronics feet. They really control resonance. paint one or two of them silver or gold enamel and place them on top of equipment and tell people there chakra stones!
What in the world is a two level upgrade? Is this an order of magnitude thing? From $200 speakers to $2000 to $20000 ? What are these levels?