Cheap tweaks...What would YOU reccomend?

Hey everyone, I am looking for some cheap tweaks, i just got done putting in a inner tube under my componets as an isolation device, and it works great. What else would you reccomend?..i am also thinking of an inner tube under the spkrs, with some sort of device to keep them stable. What do you think of Rf blockers..etc Please leave comments on your tweaks and how they turned out. i am looking forward to trying some. Thanks all
haoleb
I recently put my floor standers w/spikes on concrete pavers ($1.99 ea.) in my system made a difference of a two level upgrade.
hockey pucks! get a marble slab a little wider then your speakers, mount that on 4 pucks, and then put spiked or non spiked speaker on top. Also put them under the electronics feet. They really control resonance. paint one or two of them silver or gold enamel and place them on top of equipment and tell people there chakra stones!
What in the world is a two level upgrade? Is this an order of magnitude thing? From $200 speakers to $2000 to $20000 ? What are these levels?
I'm curious as to whether anyone else has tried this. I recently opened up my BAT vk-d5 cdp and placed a Mapleshade small heavy hat directly on top of the transport. There's enough clearance for the small hat to sit there to allow you to put the cover back on. I noticed a much punchier bass, better clarity, focus, and an overall tightness that only comes with much more expensive tweaks. If your cdp allows for this, try it. Just be careful moving the cdp around so the heavy hat doesn't slide off and break the tubes or other parts.
For the tightest bass, drive self drilling screws directly into the sub-floor (through the carpet), and rest your speaker spikes on the screw heads. You will need to pick screws with a wide nut type head, otherwise it is "very" difficult to line up the spikes with the screws (I did it once on philips heads, but it took some work, now I have a hex type head screw which makes it a little easier). When you move speakers that have been sitting on carpeting, you will see the marks left by the spikes (on most carpets anyway...)which makes it easy to position the screws.
Level the screws (rest a flat ruller on the screw heads between front screws and level, repeat for rear screws, check rear to front). Place speaker and adjust spikes for correct level (I like mine slightly tipped up in the front).
It seems like a lot of work and you must not care for the sub-floor under the carpet but man, you will end up with the tightest, most tunefull bass your speakers are capable of. This also helps with imaging as the speaker is better anchored. It is a big improvement in my experience. Just make sure you have settled on the final location for your speakers before you do this...
"Disclamer: not liable for any damage to floor or fights with significant other as a result of this tweak!"
Cheers.