Does alcohol impair appreciation of sound?

Curious to know how alcohol effects other audiogon members when they are listening to music. For me, seems the frequencies become dull and I find myself wanting to mess around with the controls.
128x128makarisma
It's like driving with a dirty windshield. You know what's coming, but miss some details.
Alcohol kills brain cells. Like a predatory animal, it seeks out and kills the weaker cells of the herd. That's why you're always smarter when you're drunk!
First time I've ever appreciated an EBM comment. I figured he would recommend seeking out the Magico reserve special label.

But seriously folks: I'm 7 months sober (in a row!). My listening habits have def changed, the main one being much, much lower volume is my preference now. Even going to downsize my new Triton 1 soon. Alcohol had me playing the thunder music (e.g., Screaming Blue Messiahs) or my live Jane's Addiction DVD (jaw-dropping performance & fidelity) recorded Halloween in New Orleans before a huge crowd. Seek that one out to wow your friends on the big screen.
I am a social drinker,I enjoy alcohol at parties,social gatherings,get togethers with friends,family.
For me alcohol definitely makes me enjoy music more.
I will have a beer or two on Saturday while listening,I even mix it with ginger ale.
If I go for a third or one more beer,my younger boy will come around and say - dad,how many beers you had already?-
One more reason not to drink,it sets a bad example to your own kids and family.
I usually buy a case of 24 beers and will last me all summer season.
Regards
George