Does alcohol impair appreciation of sound?

Curious to know how alcohol effects other audiogon members when they are listening to music. For me, seems the frequencies become dull and I find myself wanting to mess around with the controls.
128x128makarisma
A general question by the op. He really should clarify. I take it he's referring to hearing. As such, it affects everybody the same, which affect has been stated.
Alcohol is a toxin and the hair cells of the inner ear are, as we know, superbly sensitive. When alcohol gets into the bloodstream it comes into direct contact with the hair cell, and is absorbed within the cell, where it interacts with basic cell processes. Of course this is temporary and as far as we know completely reversible. But it impairs hearing in a dose-related fashion, at least temporarily.
I find myself much less critical. As a matter of fact, I ended up enjoying just youtube quality with a glass of drink. Seeing a video also enhances my musical enjoyment for some reason.
What do you think?

How it affects others might not be very meaningful. Its how each individual is affected that matters.

There is usually a period of "euphoria" associated with getting drunk, stoned or whatever where I suspect a music lover's appreciation of music would be increased temporarily but for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction so that is usually followed by a longer period of depression in that alcohol is a depressant drug last time I checked.

So there you go. Personally I would advise to not lean to heavily on alcohol to create something that does not exist otherwise. Too much of anything is almost always not a good thing and alcohol is a prime example.

Its a good question though in that it demonstrates how much a persons physiology and state of mind, which varies over time, can affect ones enjoyment of music to a great extent, probably way more so than many more material tweaks that might be attempted as a result.

We are humans not robots or machines. When what we hear changes, there is always a very good possibility that it is a result of a change within us as much as in how the devices are performing, though its easy to always blame or credit the devices.
It's like driving with a dirty windshield. You know what's coming, but miss some details.