Does alcohol impair appreciation of sound?

Curious to know how alcohol effects other audiogon members when they are listening to music. For me, seems the frequencies become dull and I find myself wanting to mess around with the controls.
128x128makarisma
I enjoy listing to my system playing back music when I'm buzzed.. It takes the edge off and sounds more relaxed to me.
I enjoy listening under the influence (LUI). It seems to me that the soundstage opens up. Physiological, psychological or emotional reasons for this? My approach is with 77jovian, still conducting research.
A general question by the op. He really should clarify. I take it he's referring to hearing. As such, it affects everybody the same, which affect has been stated.
Alcohol is a toxin and the hair cells of the inner ear are, as we know, superbly sensitive. When alcohol gets into the bloodstream it comes into direct contact with the hair cell, and is absorbed within the cell, where it interacts with basic cell processes. Of course this is temporary and as far as we know completely reversible. But it impairs hearing in a dose-related fashion, at least temporarily.
I find myself much less critical. As a matter of fact, I ended up enjoying just youtube quality with a glass of drink. Seeing a video also enhances my musical enjoyment for some reason.