Would Oppo 105D be good for "recording" process?

I dont have a Blu-Ray player yet. Some great Opera and Symphonic are coming on Blu-Ray and I recently bought an upper end Pioneer plasma, so I want to buy a player.
I also want to record CD's,DVD's and Blu-Rays from the library-it seems it will be to my computer.
Is the overall quality of the 105D such that I will get at least as good sound and picture as I do from my Lexicon RT20 which (with Equitech balanced transformer isolation and a Sound Application conditioner) provides very satisfying sound through my Spectral, MIT ref system? I am thinking that since I need a separate/new DAC for my recordings from my computer, and I need a BLU-Ray this may be a worthwhile investment. I am always budget/value concious but don't want to have sound or picture level compromised in any meaningful way.
ptss
One thing I learned about my 105 (not 105D). Previous CD players I've owned -- all of them -- would automatically put a track marker on CDRs recorded via my Tascam CD-RW700 so that you didn't end up with one continuous track. The Oppo won't do this, and I have earlier Oppos that wouldn't do it either. Oppo admits this, doesn't think it's important. It may be something to consider.
Very interesting thanks. I will keep it in mind as I learn more about recording again.
You can rip these type of formats also. I've never had an interest in doing this myself, so I can't claim to have experience with the process, and what the results will be. I suspect they would be similar to ripping a CD. If you want to get started without investing any money, you can download a free program called Handbrake. I know its one of the more popular applications to rip these formats. It works on Mac, Linux and Windows.