Would Oppo 105D be good for "recording" process?

I dont have a Blu-Ray player yet. Some great Opera and Symphonic are coming on Blu-Ray and I recently bought an upper end Pioneer plasma, so I want to buy a player.
I also want to record CD's,DVD's and Blu-Rays from the library-it seems it will be to my computer.
Is the overall quality of the 105D such that I will get at least as good sound and picture as I do from my Lexicon RT20 which (with Equitech balanced transformer isolation and a Sound Application conditioner) provides very satisfying sound through my Spectral, MIT ref system? I am thinking that since I need a separate/new DAC for my recordings from my computer, and I need a BLU-Ray this may be a worthwhile investment. I am always budget/value concious but don't want to have sound or picture level compromised in any meaningful way.
ptss

Showing 4 responses by ptss

Very interesting thanks. I will keep it in mind as I learn more about recording again.
Hello RI. I noticed the audio nitrate on the latest version is only 320/384 (per the company update on the forum). I'm hoping for bit perfect transfer. What are the "best" systems you know of?