Should I repair my amp?

I need to make repairs to my Levinson 333.5 amplifier that will cost about $2,500.00. Do any of you out there have a learned opinion as to whether it is a good idea to spend the money or put the money toward a different amplifier. I have other Levinson equipment (CD player and preamp) as well. The amp drives B&W Signature 120 speakers.

Neosteo (JJB)
neosteo
$2,500 for a repair is highway robbery, and NO repair is worth that. I'd put it on eBay and steer clear of ML in the future. Shame on them for quoting you that.
What's the amp worth in its current condition (non-working)? Can you get an equal quality or better amp for your system for $2,500?
If you like the unit and the repair will fix the cause of the failure, not just the symptom then I'd say it's worth it. If you're looking to try other amp options anyway.... then the options already presented carry even more weight.
Hello Neosteo,you didn't state the issue with your amplifier but I do know the 3 series amps the have power supply capacitor leakage issues. I owned a 331 myself for a while.

I do remember removing the bottom cover and the caps reside in the four corners of the chassis, if this is the issue then access is not too difficult and perhaps you could replace them yourself, replacing the original caps was an expensive exercise but can be got around with a matrix of smaller capacitors to make up the value which will sound better as well.

This series also have a built in power conditioner, a good place to look at for power issues.

I would also consult with a few different repairers as costs and expressions of interest in the repair could vary widely.

Personally I was happy to ditch my 331, I went to tubes and never looked back. in my opinion the 3 series were neutral and controlled but also to me were a bit introverted and shut in.

I do understand why you purchased your 333.5 but I couldn't presume to tell you what to replace it with if you desired to do so, the subjective application of your levinson may well still exist.

I hope this helps you in some way, I've been there.Sucks