Frustrated with Bonamassa Live CDs

Several years ago the wife heard and liked Joe Bonamassa, and then we saw him in concert -- a talented guitar player with a solid band. We are very partial to live recordings and have his (i) Live at the Beacon in NYC and (ii) Live at Royal Albert Hall (the CD not DVD). Both are very good performances, but unfortunately both CDs sound bad in our system. Almost no separation of instruments, overall veiled and muddy, etc. Basically (and disappointingly) they sound like the many crap rock/pop recordings that just do not qualify for high-end listening. To be clear, great quality live CDs (e.g., Allmans, Pink Floyd, various Big Swing Bands) sound awesome in our room. Are these two Bonamassa CDs' just examples of a high-end system highlighting poor recording? Anyone else experience this with these two CDs? Alternatives or recommendations appreciated.
whitecap
Try "Live from Nowhere in Particular". I have the two LP set. There is also a 2 LP set with the same title. I think it sounds good, but I can't comment on the CD as I only have the vinyl pressing. Nice rendition of Slow Gin on the album.
The best news re: Joey B. is last week I read a post by Randy Brecker that he's busy writing horn charts for the new Rock Candy Funk Party record! RCFP is Bonamassa's Funk/Fusion band (my favorite project of his! Their 'Live At The Iridium' is killa!). Holy shades of The Brecker Bros. Heavy Metal Bebop Batman!!!;)
JPerry- It has been a while since I listened to "Live from Nowhere"- my recollection is that the vinyl was three LPs, not two. Perhaps I am wrong. (On the road right now, so can't check).
I used to go hear JB a number of years ago, before he achieved his deserved success. At that time, he was playing a more blues-oriented program, and though he obviously mixed it with hard rock, some great cover versions of things like Zep, ZZ Top and Yes, he added a very high level of playing skill to the mix.
However, it seemed like he shifted to a hard rock vein and at least in concert, became too loud. I like dynamic shading and contrast, and at a certain point, though his voice improved and he still pulls off some wonderful blues-oriented stuff ('Stop' was great), I sort of lost interest. I do wish him the best, and am glad to see that he has continued in his success, given how hard it is to make a living as a performer.
It does appear, based on discogs listings, that many of his earlier records have now been released on vinyl, presumably taken from digital masters (not that I'm against that, but note it).
Wow , just checked Amazon for a used copy of Nowhere in Particular ... $199.99 plus shipping ! New are $249.98 !
I'll stick with my downloaded video's !

Happy Tunes
Whart, great memory and interesting you should mention the three record set.

A friend of mine has that set, and hearing it at his home was my motivation for buying it. When I went to look for a copy the only one I could find was the two record set.

Discogs indicates the 3 LP release was in 2008, with a 2012 release of the 2 LP set.

I wanted the 3 LP set, but couldn't find a copy when I was looking.