Which cables cause issues for high bandwidth amps?

As in, blow them up? I recently bought a McCormack amp and blew it up when using Goertz Alpha Core MI-2 cables. I am about to get the amp back from being repaired, and I want to make fricken sure that I don't repeat the episode. Now, I do have a feeling that there was something wrong with that amp in the first place, but I still want to be very careful.

I now know that using the Goertz was a no-no, but I am told there may be other brands of cables with the same concerns. I have been advised to stay away from "flat" cables for the McCormack. Is this true, or an over-generalization?

I am looking for moderate price options, if anybody has experience with cables that sounded great with McCormack amps. Thanks a bunch!
mtrot
Bojack,

I do have on hand a set of old 12 ga Esoteric Ultra Cable Premier OFHC that I can use for the LF terminals and a set of Morrow Audio SP2 that I can use for the HF terminals. The Goertz cables ended up being used because I was trying out the McCormack amp in the bedroom system, which is where the Goertz cables were located.
When I was having my Odyssey amp built, the designer warned me to stay away from the flat cables. He told me it would cause the amp to go into oscillation. I was using MIT cables at the time and have switched to Groneberg now.
Ive used Goertz mi-3 cables with my McCormack DNA-2 for years first with Theil cs6 and now Dynaudio c1. No problems. I did put the zobel across the second set of output terminals on the amp. it seemed easier.