KCI Pure Gold and the benefits

Hi Guys just wanted to share my new love for the majic of pure gold interconnects. Ive been through the paces of tring different mid to high grade interconnects in my system and finally tried pure gold. Now the price does vary significantly from pure gold cable to pure gold cable, I picked up the KCI and have really loved what gold did for my modest system compared to pure silver, flat ribbon and tons of different copper. I have read the white papers about silver being a better conductor and even some on why gold is more pleasing to the ear. I feel that gold is more coherent top to bottom than silver but noticed many of my audio friends are using silver still. What is the general feeling and use here amongst guys with the high end of equipment? Are you using gold and does it get even better with higher end equipment?
stivervii
Hi Clio09,

I went to their website and checked them out, they do look like(and I've heard) they are great plugs but just to darn cost prohibitive as they would add over $1000 to the cost of my cables!! I would LOVE to try a set though, got any spares?? lol. Seriously though, thanks for the advice.
Sincerely,
John
Jon,
I bought your 50/50 cables and loved them but sold them because I want to upgrade to your silk worms. I bid on the last ones up but lost will you have some more .5 meter sets up soon? Also do you make the .75 meters to?
Diepdvr,

I'm very sure John can make custom lengths, email him.

Another member received two pairs of Gold Silkworms, 1 meter and 1.5.

He NEVER boasts about anything sounding exceptional, in all the 7 years I know him well.

He's been through a plethora of cables and became sick and tired, fed up with the hype and B.S. he was ready to sell his amps, speakers and bail out of the hobby.

His comments about the Golds straight-outta-the-box were so positive, I laughed out loud !

He called me four times throughout one day to tell me.

My reply was "you haven't even begun to hear them, wait till they start breaking in, you're gonna be floored"
Hi Diepdvr,
Glad you would like to upgrade, your going to love the Silkworms, very very open and smooth. I will post more 1/2 meter sets soon and you are more than welcome to contact me directly anytime if you would like to forego(is that even a word??) the auction process. Also, if you need a 3/4 meter set I'd be glad to make you a set if thats what you need. Thank you for your repeated interest!!

Rx8man,

So Bigkidz is loving them huh? I'm glad to hear that, after talking to him on the phone I figured he would most likely love the sound of the Silkworms. And like you said, wait until he goes through a couple of the "levels"! Thank you for the refferal Rx8man, word of mouth is a great thing. So how are your newest cables doing, reach any levels yet? :)

Sincerely,
John
I just received my KCI cables today and I'll tell ya, these cables are the real deal sound wise. I went with the pure gold 22awg with the Furutech (Death Grip) Rhodium xlrs at 42". What a difference it made over what I was using before, which btw was a great cable for the buck to begin with. Everything seemed to open up more, which I thought was opened up already. Bottom end, top, mid, soundstage all were delicatly enhanced with a dead quiet background. I do have a modest system that I have not changed for a couple years and this seemed to be the ticket for change. Listening to Fourplay X, the musicians were in my livingroom. No kidding and this is right out of the box with a few hours music on them. Talking with John, I can expect more upon more layers of air and dynamics as they break in.

I am giving the Fourplay X cd a break for a couple weeks before I put it on again to really hear on how everything is improving as the cables break in. I thought I knew my music cds pretty good, instrument wise, but I am hearing everything that is there.