Anyone been in contact with Jade Audio recently?

Just wondering if anyone's been in touch with JD from Jade Audio recently? I got a pair of Vermeil Gold interconnects from him a while back, and while I think they are incredible, I wanted to discuss replacing their Eichmann Copper Bullets with Furutech Gold plugs... I also want to buy another interconnect for a center channel! I tried emailing him a couple times, but didn't get a response. And I just called the phone number on his website, which actually turned out to be his home phone... (I didn't want to bother his family by leaving a message on the answering machine!) I know he's been battling a serious heart ailment, so I truly hope he's okay! If anyone can give me tips on getting in touch with him, I'd appreciate it!

Tomer
electro77
Thanks Darealjaydee ... We all like what we like. But we also quickly learn how something we liked so much before can be seriously displaced by something else. If someone has the GG Rev cables and they work for them, that is fine. I used to feel the same way about NBS Statement cables used throughout my system until I heard Purist Dominus and Kubala-Sosna Emotion. Both of those cables were a wake-up call for me to realize no matter how much I liked the sound of my system with the NBS, these other cables brought on a significant increase in system refinement. Going back to the NBS became impossible.

Until we experience such a comparative evaluation, we have no relative value on what we are currently using. And even then, if the user claims how much smoother or extended the tonality has become, that I have no argument with. But that was not where the GG vs. Jade differences existed.

As for what I listen for with a cable, it's all about the portrayal of space, retainment of harmonic structures and decays. Nearly all "high-end" systems I have heard that claim to have these qualities have failed miserably. But for a system where this is a strength, the Jade Hybrid outperforms this GG by quite a stretch. It was the case in my system and that of another where the GG Rev and Jade Hybrid were put through a direct shootout.

I was told by the GG manufacturer that 150 hours would show a significant change....and it did not....at least not in what I was listening for. And I reported my findings to the manufacturer at 0, 75 and 150 hours vs. the Jade Hybrid. He was surprised as was I after all the praise I had read about these cables. I have reported elsewhere on A'gon that the Revs worked mighty fine in terms tonal coherency, clarity and dynamics....but that wasn't good enough. Ultimately, I returned the Revs.

Only later was it reported that the Rev's needed 300 hours surface. But again, none the claims of magic at 150 hours ever came through for me. Maybe they did improve, but relative to the Jade Hybrid, it was a moot issue.

As for the many hours needed, this can only be verified through a logical process. Someone would need to buy two pairs, compare them both at zero hours to confirm no sonic differences. One pair would be burned in for 300 hours and the comparison would be done again between the two. If the burned in cable at 300 hours significantly outperformed the unused cable, then I might believe such a claim. But I doubt anybody has gone through this process. And if not, the claimed changes with the cable's burn-in time are most likely more to do with the user being acclimated to the sonic signature of the cable.

And unless someone puts forth the effort to directly compare the GG cables to others such as the Jade, Stealth, and Purist, in the same system, where 3D portrayal is a strength, rather than claim how phenomenal the GG cables are over eveything else, then that user has no idea what they are missing.
Good points.
I believe there are direct comparisons in this thread with GG's against Stealth Indras,Jade and others in this thread.It's so long it will take some raeding to dig out.
Did you ever contact the manufacturer regarding re-auditioning a broken-in pair or a pair of Revs or the Rapture which compare pricewise almost exactly as the Jade Hydrids
Just did a little digging thru the long GG post and there are definately quite a few direct shootouts in there where members seem to prefer the GG's over the likes of Stealth Indra and Metacarbon,VD Revelations and Master,Jade Vemeil,Kondo KSL,Analysis Golden Oval,AZ Silver Reference,Siltech G4,Audio Magic Sorcerer,Cardas Golden Ref and Neutral Ref to name some
There are also a few members who do prefer the JADE over the GG's.That the beauty of choice so eloquently put by JD of Jade audio in the GG thread.

"Finally, I heard the GG Rev. on my system and was very impressed. These are great cables, I was not surprised with the tonality, in that this is proving to be a common denominator with gold wire. I was most excited to find that we both make very good cables that I feel have raised the bar for interconnects. I think it is important that the early gold cable manufacturers are beyond peoples expectation if the industry is going to join the few pioneers who are trying gold. If we succeed, then the entire industry succeeds because others with much larger R&D budgets can expand on what we are learning.

For me this is not a competition, it is a hobby that many of us are very passionate about. If GG can raise the level of performance, and if I can follow with another excellent product, then I see us all winning. Two great cables are being made for a fraction of the cost that we will see once the big boys jump in. It will be then that this is less about sharing our passions for music and more about winning."

you got to love choice and my other vote is for Hilary.
I agree with pretty much everything John (Jafox) has said. I also prefer the Jade cables. However, it is true that I have found gold cables in general to have a strong sense of harmonic textures that I enjoy. I've also heard gold cables from Gabriel Gold and Awesound. IMHO they all have a similar harmonic 'rightness' to the notes that makes gold so addictive. I prefer the way the Jade soundstages though, and the notes decay into a black space. It sounds more natural to me.

The one problem I have with cable manufacturers in general is that many tend to keep increasing the 'break-in' period, but they don't seem to be increasing the money back guarantee trial period. I've had other manufacturers besides GG originally tell me that 100-150 hours would be sufficient. When I hit that mark, if I'm not impressed, the number increases to 300-400. Virtual Dynamics did this to me as well. When I explain that that many hours would put me past the return window, I then realized that is probably the intention of it.

From my cable burn in experiences, I believe a cable may keep developing for 100-1000 hours, but I would say that 90% of the burn in occurs in the first 100 hours. FWIW, I felt Jade Vermeil cables changed more in the first 100 hours of any cable I've ever heard, that includes the Jade Hybrid and Gold. I can't explain why though.
After 100 hours with a cable, if I haven't heard improvement, or it's not in the ballpark, I tend to move on. I find it difficult to believe that a cable I've listened to for 100 hours and have mixed feelings about will all of a sudden just bloom into wonder cable after 300-400 hours. If this possibility does exist, cable manufacturers will need to extend their money back guarantee period to 90 days or longer. Otherwise I'm tempted to believe that this number is just extended to take you past the return date trying to burn the cable in. Call me cynical if you must, but that's my $0.02.

Cheers,
John
cynical?I don't know?but in the case of Gabriel Gold I think you may want to check out his feedback and reputation.I'm pretty certain he's not intentially expanding break-in time to keep your money.My gut feeling is he doesn't do this for the money.
Don't know about VD?Did you ever ask Steve for a refund?
My guess is he would have accommodated you.just my 2 cents.