Von Schweikert VR-4JR Bi-Wire

I just bought a set of VR-4's and wish to bi-wire them. My challenge is that the distance from the top speaker post to the bottom is about 25". I don't, for looks sake only, want to run two separate cables.

The first cable I tried, a cheap one thank goodness, didn't reach both speaker posts. I've heard that Analysis Plus is a good match but am not sure they would reach either. Does anyone know of a bi-wired cable that would match the VR-4's distance challenge while still sounding great? Thanks for any insight you can all shed.

M
moondoggy69
I like the idea of Canare 4S11. I have used it with great success. That said, I now use Speltz anti-cables in two runs from the amps to the speakers. SInce that does not appeal to you, you would most likely get the same result by running one pair to the lower module and another pair to the upper posts. The wire retains its bent shape and you can hide it behind the speakers. Any magnet wire would probably do, but I wanted mine pre-terminated, and they are not expensive. The terminals on the 4JRs should handle both set of spades, or you can order them with bananas, or bare wires, or call them and they can rig up the set with only one spade each for the lower module. By this I mean one spade with two wires running to it and two different length wires. Good luck!
Verbatim speaker cables for sale were just posted. Research them on the Forums and you'll find that VS used (still uses?) the cables at many shows. I don't know how the 25" thing will work, but Albert Von Schweikert speaks highly of the match with his speakers. The cables are made by Paul Varner at
[email protected]
Acoustic Zen will make one run a little longer for you if you went them.....however, I second the Herbies Big Fat Black Dots VS Special once you get your cable situation straighten out, just did it to mine a few weeks back and it was truely amazing what it did to for my sound.....
I had these same speakers and did in fact run the Analysis Plus sivlers biwire version. These cables start out as connected (all 2/4 cables) at the point that they connect to the amp but split immediately at this point so that you have no problem attaching these to the VR 4 JR.

Additionally, I found that with my other equipment at the time that the silver cables were a good match with the VS VR 4 JRs. Look for a pair of the Analysis Plus used and inquiry or request a pic from the seller.
Don't be afriad to NOT biwire the VR4JRs.

Some have reported excellent results with single run to upper module and then jumper down to the woofers.

This configuration, to me, can offer an improvement in the coherence of the overall presentation.

I currently use 'em this way but admit I do not obsess over this and don't do a lot of switching around anymore, so maybe there are gains I'm not extracting.