JADE AUDIO Cables

Hi

I ordered a pair of Jade Audio cables (Vermeil version, not the Golden one) from Audiogon member Jadem6, who offers a one month return guarantee.

I was wondering wether other Audiogon members already tried and/or bought these new DIY cables.

I read the review made by JD himself, but ofcourse I'm curious to hear the comment of buyers/users.

Thanks
mattheus
My recommended starting point would be the Vermeil from the source and the gold downstream. Both cables seem to have the same clarity, which tells me they neither one is altering the signal more than the other. The vermeil is a heavily gold plated silver wire. Because it is silver, it does carry with it some sonic signature of silver. I'm not referring to speed or dynamics, they both do that equally, I'm talking about the glaze or haze found with silver. The gold plating has reduced this to an acceptable level, but it's still silver.

The solid gold is the most neutral and natural sounding wire I found. So my advice would be use the Vermeil upstream and the solid gold downstream. It will be interesting to hear if Nutalla confirms this assumption.

jd
Jade Audio
Mr. Tennis, I see you pushing Chimera Labs on several threads now. Could you please elaborate on your experience with Jade cables? I await your response.
The 'Vermeil' arrived this morning. Plugged it between my DAC and preamp to replace Symphonic Line Reference ic. Will report on my findigs later on.

First impressions 'right out of te box' are very nice: bigger soundstage, more natural and detail but bit 'sharper' than the SL. Will have it burned in for a time and will come back.
I just ordered a Vermeil from JD and he is going to cook it for 10 days prior to shipping it to me. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the burn in time. I'll post my impressions as well when I have had a chance to listen to it.