VD Revelation Speaker cables -

I read reviews of these cables and usually there are good comments about the cables bass response and dynamics. But no mention of the upper frequency abilities. This makes me wonder...

From Stereo Times Review in December 2005.
"The Revelation sounds surprisingly real and un-electrical. It takes the “system” sound away from your electronics and gives them an almost a human touch. Some might judge this as rolled-off in the highs, or too warm in the midrange. I say it’s neither."

So, I dont know, perhaps I am thinking too much between the lines of this review. Is there rolled off highs in this cable that is detectable to us common folk?.

I have seen other comments on different cables stating about there high frequency characteristics as, "its a natural sound" Do they really mean it does not have extened highs? In my experience, many times that is the case.

Please dont get me wrong I love bass , midrange , dynamics and soundstage qualities but the cable also has to hit the high Frequency extremes.

I would appreciate anyone with experience with these cables would comment on the cables upper frequency abilities.
That is, does it sound like a cymbal crashing with impact and detail and shimmer or does it sound like a muted aluminum pie plate off in the distance?
128x128ozzy
Clio09,
So you dont think the VD Master Power cord would be good powering an Amp?

I have used the VD Master power cord (20Amp version) to power my Hydra 8 in which all my digital is plugged into it, including my Sony 60" Widescreen.
I must say the picture is the best using the VD Master as the main cord , so you you are probably right its best used on digital.
I still will try it on my Amp when I get the Rev speaker cables , what the heck.
Thanks for the info.
Ozzy, in my system the Master did not work that well on my amp. I did use it on my RSA Haley power conditioner and liked the results better. However, I just put a Oyaide Tunami GPX power cord on that power conditioner as an experiment and thought that it was better than the Master. So that is how the Master got on my DAC, where I think it has performed with the best results.

You may get different results on the amp so you're right, no risk in trying it there. If the speaker cables are anything like the VD jumpers I have I think you're going to like the results.
Well,I received the Revelation speaker cables the week of Thanksgiving.
I was actually sent the Revelation 2.0 ,the newer version.

I put the cables on my Audiodharma Cable cooker for another week before trying them.

The install was a task, but with the good advise from you guys I was able to prebend in place.
Really not that big of a deal.

I too have recessed speaker terminals. I found that Cardas makes an excellent spade/bananan adapter that greatly helped that hookup.

When I first tried them them , I thought the upper frequencies were limited, Oh know,just what I feared!
But now that they have been playing music thru them for about 50 hours that is no longer a concern. They continue to improve.

So, even at this point they are keepers.

There is a sound quality that is different from all my other cable trials .
Perhaps its the dynamics that are different.I find myself singing more (scares the dog).

I will continue ...

Merry Christmas !!!
The last Virtual Dynamics cable thread about the Genesis was *removed* for reasons unknown, will this one remain ?

Enjoy your cables Ozzy, they get better after more playing time and settling in !
Rx8man,
in the same vein, Frankpiet had a thread over in the digital forum comparing the latest Wadia CDP to other very highly acclaimed hi-end CDPs. The webmaster did not like how the other CDPs failed so miserably & that thread was also removed!!!