Wiremold ''NAIM'' powerstrip prices what's this???

I was just wondering if there is a difference between the Wiremold ''Naim approved'' powerstrip sold for $ 56.00 and the one sold on the Allied Electronic website (http://www.alliedelec.com Allied part number 533-9218 for Wiremold part number L10320 )

I know of someone who ordered this unit for $ 31.23 plus $ 8.00 shipping and apparently it is the very same thing...

I do have an issue with anyone selling anything that is ABOVE FULL RETAIL PRICING.

I also find it a touch shady that the unit would be described as a ''NAIM'' powerstrip when there is no mention whatsoever of Naim anywhere on the product of packaging. I understand and agree that this Wiremold product is good, and that Naim ''approved''of it. Checking the Naim website however, the Wiremold strip has been ''replaced'' by a costlier one with apparent input from Naim in it's design.

Still, this $ 31.00 Wiremold strip from Allied seems like an excellent deal, if it is the same one as what is being offered by Audiogon, and if it is, may I suggest that at teh A-gon price of $ 56.00, it is way overpriced and contrary to the Audiogon buddy-buddy philosophy of doing business. Even if we include the $ 8.00 Allied usually charges for delivery ( meaning the strip comes in at around $ 39.00 )We are still talking close to 55% ABOVE USUAL RETAIL PRICING. Not much of a deal in my book.
rob_techsupport1081
they're the exact same thing. the only association they have with NAIM is that NAIM recommends them because they're of good quality, have no current limiting, and have have nothing in the circuit. (lights, etc)

they also say that you should plug things into it in reverse oerder of your stero chain, starting from the end with the AC cable: power amps, pre amps, sources. the theory is that if you have the high=drain devices as close to the juice as possible, the low-drain stuff won't rob them of dynamics by 'being in the way'

kinda like having a clear shot to the bathroom if you gotta yak.

;-)
The powerstrips are the same - both are Wiremold strips. I purchased mine from Allied