It's all over now, baby blue. Or is it not?

My son is 5 months and soon to be a toddler/stumbler/walker/grabber. I have q wall of CDs and LPs, as well as a Salamander cabinet full of pricey stuff that I would like to keep out of his reach. I am wondering if any of you have experience with child proofing your gear. I am especially curious about options to get the CDs off the wall - filing only the discs in space saving/child proof organizers and if so which are decent enough to protect my precious plastic? Or should I bite the bullet and digitize? i currently have vinyl in Boltz shelving which feels heavy enough to be OK with the baby but again, input is appreciated.
Cheers
Karim
karim_d
Congrats and enjoy every minute. Before you know it, they will be grown and moved out :-(

Until you get a chance to rip the CDs, Slappa and others have notebook type CD storage w zippers all around. They can store dozens in each binder and you can put those nasty jewel cases away in storage.

Enjoy the ride.
Swampwalker is right, enjoy these moments, they go by quicker than you'll believe. Before you know it they will be....teenagers!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

My 3 boys are in their 20's now, and I never really made any changes. My wife stayed home with the children, and she did a very good job of teaching them to 'not touch' certain things. Maybe I was lucky, but my worst damage was a VCR that my middle son (always the problem child) inserted a PB&J sandwich into the slot. Not much of a horror story, good for some laughs nowadays (if anyone still knows what a VCR is).

You just need to teach 'boundries'.
Some of my best memories were holding my boys on my lap while they listened to music with me. Once the pre-teen years hit, our music tastes diverged. I just stayed away from tube power amps to avoid any hazards, but they knew and understood to not touch- something young visitors seemed to not understand at times.
Growing up in the 60's/70's I had three brothers and a sister. My mom and dad were always into music and we had several tube stereos and a large console set with the turntable, radio and speakers built into a beautiful furniture cabinet with tweed grill cloth covering the speakers. You could see the orange glow from the tubes in the dark and a warm comforting sound.

Every Sunday after church while Mom was making dinner Dad would be spinning Big Band~(Dorsey, Miller, Cugat, Kaye, Lombardo, Cunniff, Sinatra, Como, Basie, Ellington, 101 Strings.)

We never messed with the stereos. We knew it was something important and should be respected. Neither my Mom or Dad told us to "like" music. They did,~ and we got use to it as a normal part of family life. (There were only three TV channels back then!)... When we wanted to listen Mom or Dad would put on the record and push play.

When we each were old enough my parents bought us boys our own record player and my sister got one for her a her girlfriends to listen to. (Bobby Sherman, Hermans Hermits, Monkees, Dave Clark Five.) The boys listened to Rascals, Turtles, Yardbirds, Beatles, Stones, Hendrix.

Don't make a big deal out of it and let the child know that the stereo system is one of your toys and that you want him/her to enjoy and respect it for it gives you a lot of pleasure. Set boundaries and you will be fine. Hopefully you will share this passion/hobby with them for many years to come.

I am really missing my DAD right about now.......