Any Herron VTPH-2 Phono Stage Owners out there?

Has anyone recently purchased a VTPH-2? Any thoughts compared to other phono stages costing around the same price of $3,600? That still is a lot of money and a lot of good competition out there. I was also looking at a couple of the Sutherland units (the DUO and the 20/20).

Another concern is that I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp and was wondering how another tube phono stage would sound with the tube phono stage? Is it better to Mix solid state phono stage with a Tube Amp or keep it all the same (all tubes or all solid state?). My turntable is a VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet black cartridge. Thanks!
djfst
"Another concern is that I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp and was wondering how another tube phono stage would sound with the tube phono stage? Is it better to Mix solid state phono stage with a Tube Amp or keep it all the same (all tubes or all solid state?)."

I have a PL HP and have a Fosagate tubed phono. There isn't any "better" regarding mixing a SS or tubed unit. Subjective as everything else audio.
With a nice clean record, the presentation can be surreal.The nice thing about a tubed unit is it can be further "tuned" to your liking.
Lew, Harvey recommended 10k to 15k resistance, and 1000pF to 1mF (!) capacitance, using .33mF himself. But every Decca was different. There was a device named the "Decade Capacitance Box" that would allow capacitance to be adjusted; with it you found the sound you wanted, and you would then install capacitors in your pre-amp of the value you decided upon.

A Decca/London is never going to be as refined or delicate as some, but, just like everything else in Hi-Fi, each listener has to determine what aspects of reproduced sound are most responsible for a satisfying musical experience. To me, there is the Decca, and then there is everything else. My friend Brooks Berdan would just shake his head and smile when the subject came up! They can sound rather brash, but part of that is because they put so much mechanical energy back into the arm, they reveal any weakness in an arm's bearings or the arm tubes stiffness and resonance. That's true of all low-compliance cartridges, though. The change to a line-contact stylus profile starting with the Super Gold helped with tracking, but that is still a concern. I completely understand a person's misgivings and apprehensions about Decca/Londons, and they really aren't for everyone. But they make music sound so much more like live music (which IS brash!) than anything else, I just can't quit her!
Lewm - If you live in the midwest, you're welcome to bring over your phono stage or maybe a loaner to compare. But something tells me you live in the Bay area (or I'm confusing you with another "Lew").
Keith will let you try one in your system. Simply pay shipping fees to and from if you don't like it.

Chuck
I've directly compared the Herron vtph2 against the zesto and the asthetix signature with a premium tube set.
The Herron was preferred by all 3 present by no small margin.
Likewise I have nothing but praise for Keith as well.
I was waiting for mine to be delivered and I got a call from Keith saying it was supposed to be there. I said no not yet but then I went upstairs and it was waiting on my step!
Another indication is the fact that there is never any on the used market. I don't even look at phono stages anymore and that is the only component I can say that about.