Ring Clamps. What do you think?

First let me say that I have not had the opportunity to hear a ring clamp. At a $1000 list price it is not a top priority. It would seem to me that the whole concept would be detrimental to good sound. Like an acoustic guitar, a record needs to breathe. Weight and air play a vital role. I do use a record clamp, wouldn't be caught dead without it, but a heavy metal ring laying on top of my album holding it down doesn't appeal to me. I could be wrong.
dreadhead
PS: Regarding loading - our rings take less than 5 seconds top load on any table...fact watch the video right here:

This is a quick 25 second demo of record loading - simple and patented

http://www.ttweights.com/home.html

Full demo:

http://www.ttweights.com/product-videos.html
There is no doubt that any believable theory would tell us that the LP has to be held flat and firmly in position, for maximal accuracy in tracing the groove. However, I own a peripheral ring and a heavy center record weight, and neither of these devices increases my listening pleasure. Both seem to dull the sound. Used together, they kill the verisimilitude entirely. So I use a minimal center record weight, and I'm happy. One hypothesis to explain my aural finding is that the nature and composition of the platter surface become much more important when the LP is physically clamped to it. Maybe therefore I should be experimenting with platter mats. But life is short.
Ding....ding...I think you got it when you indicated that it was the platter and not the ring.
Ttw
We will publish a spectral analysis report next week.

The above does little to substantiate whether it will improve
SQ.
The point you're missing is that a record SHOULDN"T breathe at all. It is not a musical instrument. It wiggles the stylus which make electric signals that are amplified, and brought to your room via the speakers. The stylus should only react to the bumps on the record...anything else is distortion. Ring clamps flatten the record to eliminate the "wow" from warps...riding up the warp raises the pitch, down the warp, lowers it. In my experience, ring clamps work.