Ring Clamps. What do you think?

First let me say that I have not had the opportunity to hear a ring clamp. At a $1000 list price it is not a top priority. It would seem to me that the whole concept would be detrimental to good sound. Like an acoustic guitar, a record needs to breathe. Weight and air play a vital role. I do use a record clamp, wouldn't be caught dead without it, but a heavy metal ring laying on top of my album holding it down doesn't appeal to me. I could be wrong.
dreadhead
We will publish a spectral analysis report next week, this will show the huge reduction in record distortion and this project was done by a third party on an AMG V12 turntable.

We are engineers and then Audiophiles and only machine and build real products that do make music sound better by controlling vibration and absorbing unwanted energy in many different ways.

The record breathing as compared to a guitar is pure fiction and has no technical merit what so ever and is a pure opinion without facts. A record vibrates when not clamped it does not have sufficient mass to dampen itself and 90 % of record have some degree of warp thus this has been a century old problem.

We will prove it. Our Mat/Ring and center weight combination improved the factory V12 AMG dramatically!

Now the AMG will be replaced by our CU9999 Momentus and the purpose of this table is to reverse engineer from VINYL to tape where the master tapes have been lost.

The rim drive is the only table with rotational accuracy to do the job. Pretty cool and well engineered devices.
Thanks for all the support guys!

Larry
PS: Regarding loading - our rings take less than 5 seconds top load on any table...fact watch the video right here:

This is a quick 25 second demo of record loading - simple and patented

http://www.ttweights.com/home.html

Full demo:

http://www.ttweights.com/product-videos.html
There is no doubt that any believable theory would tell us that the LP has to be held flat and firmly in position, for maximal accuracy in tracing the groove. However, I own a peripheral ring and a heavy center record weight, and neither of these devices increases my listening pleasure. Both seem to dull the sound. Used together, they kill the verisimilitude entirely. So I use a minimal center record weight, and I'm happy. One hypothesis to explain my aural finding is that the nature and composition of the platter surface become much more important when the LP is physically clamped to it. Maybe therefore I should be experimenting with platter mats. But life is short.
Ding....ding...I think you got it when you indicated that it was the platter and not the ring.
Ttw
We will publish a spectral analysis report next week.

The above does little to substantiate whether it will improve
SQ.