TW Acustic Turntable Mat

From Highwater Sounds Facebook page, Jeff Catalano posted a pic of the new TW Acustic turntable mat - sourced from Japan. It looks pretty substantial. I can always email Jeff on info, but hate to bother him about a turntable mat. Anyone else have any info or cost on this new mat?
philb7777
Material science certainly has a use in audio and I think TW spent significant amount of time in material research to come up with their platter. However, if a particular mat sounds good on TW, is it only the flaw of the turntable that demands the use of a mat. Could the mat be correcting the sonic problem of the cartridge, tonearm or equipment downstream?
We already have various opinions from many owners on TW, no mat, mat a or b, heavy center weight, no center weight, light center weight etc etc work best in their particular system.
I think that is a reflection of the rest of the system and personal preference and taste. If the mat corrects a particular flaw in the turntable, I think most people would have more unified opinion regarding using mat or not and which mat.

Audio is not a billion dollars (at least on boutique, small operation scale which is most high end manufacturers) so no surprise that R&D is not going to be as extensive as aircraft, cruise missle or space industries and since it is audio, the final judgement is always going to be in listening regardless of how much science went into it, in my opinion.
well, essentially that is exactly what everyone is talking about, the original platters are flawed so folk put another thin platter on top (what else is a mat? The record cannot tell if it is a platter or mat)to come up with another set of compromises.

How about starting with a really good platter?
I think TW platter is not flawed - especially soundwise.
For many of the users TW sounds best without any mat.
I am using mat for protection only and trying to find the mat that do not making TW platter sounds worse. So far TW mat is very good doing this.

What material in your opinion guys should be used in platter? I heard aluminium platter in Acustic Solid TT and it ringed as a bell. Switching to TW was a clear improvement.
Suteetat - I agree with you completely. Always objective with a reasonable view considering all variables. Well said my friend.

Milimetr- I agree too. I've yet to hear an aluminum platter I have liked - my personal preference based on my ears only.
TW is one of the best selling turntables in the world because it sounds so good and can be upgraded in the field.Mr Yamada of Zanden has a TW table and loves it.