Why so many linn lp12s for sale

Has anyone noticed that suddenly Agon has numerous linn lp 12s for sale?
Today I counted 8! Is there something going on.....are they going out of style . Or is this just random sales fluctuation?
rrm
I think the answer to the question has to do with what you touched on...they are NOT in vogue right now. One of the issues with LP12 ownership...good or bad, depending on your perspective; is the upgradability. While the older models are NOT that competitive with some of the newer gear, the upgrades are there to get the table back to what many believe is SOTA. BUT...here's the issue, those upgrades are VERY pricey. Perhaps too pricey given the current competition. I looked at this situation with my LP12 recently, it needed to be upgraded or Sold. I opted for the upgrade path, and I'm glad that I did. OTOH, with the dealer network shrinking in the US and therefore the number of people who can work on the table shrinking.....it's got to be a thinker.
Bear in mind this has been an exceptionally popular "high-end entry level" TT for a long time. Like BMWs, the more were sold the more you'll see on the second-hand market?

A lot of the alternatives don't enjoy massive dealer support but I agree LP12 setup benefits more from expert/experienced attention than your average table...so proximal dealer support may be critical to a lot of owners ;)
Cheers :)
Most people would love to have any Linn table in good working order.

A lot have been sold over the years compared to many "high end" offerings so I suspect that is a big factor for why more of these may be on teh market at any given time than various other tables of the day.
I will second the notion that LP 12 upgrades are costly. My LP 12 is basically year 2000 top spec. As much as I would like a Keel at its price it's not happening.

If I thought I was going to put serious $ into a table, I can understand the idea of getting a new table for the cost of various LP 12 upgrades-

What would it cost me to upgrade to an Ekos SE, Kandid, Keel and Radikal? Got to be at least $10k. You can buy a lot of table arm cartridge for that $
After 22 years I got rid of mine. No USA support to speak of, better and cheaper options, two companies in the USA making as good or better products willing to support their turntables regardless of whether you are the original owner or not, etcÂ…

Still the Linn / Naim / ProAc sound, when all was working properly was unique.

Linn has gone the same route as Naim and ProAc. A very expensive boutique company rather than the "common man's" audio manufacturer that they once were.

That is a personal observation and not intended to disparage anyones choice of brand loyalty.