Brinkmann vs TW Acustic

Was wondering how these two German manufacturers compare.
Bardo vs Raven One
Oasis vs Raven GT
LaGrange vs Raven AC
Is there a unique sound signature that goes up with the range? Which is a better value? (i.e. maybe the Oasis is better than the Raven AC)
Have heard both in show conditions, but could not pin-point their contribution to the end result as the rest of the system was unfamiliar as well.
iaxelrod
Dear Dev: The Suteetat post is clear about and as Lewm point out the speed stability has to be in the short time periods during playback.

Now, Dgdad TW works fine on that speed subject and I know that with other owners too. You have a problem there and maybe your unit is faulty for what ever reasons and maybe not a good example to put under scrutiny all TW TTs.

In the other side: which is the TW deviation on the short time?, it is clear that your unit is not achieving 33.3333 rpm but at which speed is running with stability?: 33.34 or 33.29 or 33.4 rpm.

Other subject is that if that out of accuracy speed is mantained or is fluctuating one.

Certainly you are not satisfied with TW and I don't know what you are hearing trough it and I can't know if what you are hearing is because that speed deviaiton or a normal TT trade-offs inside the TW design, because no audio item is perfect.

No, I'm not saying that TT speed accuracy/stability is not important because is a must to have in any TT but IMHO we can't make a fair judge because one unit of hundreds of builded units.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Ebm, wow that's uncalled for. When I wrote "boring yawn" I was referring to the bickering and negative remarks towards individuals.

I don't know everything and have never tried to come across in such a mannerism, only trying to convey and share my own experiences be it good or bad on product that I have actually owned, most posting on this thread can't say such.

I'm open minded and always learning, are you? because reading your last 3 post clearly not constructive and just demonstrates sarcasm.

With such snide remarks clearly demonstrates .... when I owned TW product all was good with your responses and other TW owners to me, is it because I now mention flaws with the product line that you are taking such personal.

You shouldn't.

TW has numerous faults and that's why I got rid of my tables because I couldn't correct such, it wasn't just because not being able to produce ACCURATE SPEED.

I even spent out of pocket money and sent my controller back to Thomas.

Suteetat/Lewm,

I don't agree that one has to have Golden Ears to hear or can't be heard, that's only a part of it because such can be felt while listening.

If you can't hear or feel the differences of such well what can I say, that's your opinion but mine and numerous others differs.

In the end as long as you are enjoying what ever it may be that's all that matters.

Dev if its so boring why answer after all you know everything

The answer is one sentence below. Your ability to read something and to understand it show some serious deficits. But you will know that from your schoolteacher.
Dev, I and Suteetat were referring to the audible difference, if any, between 33.3333 (I don't recall how many decimal places Suteetat proposed) and 33.3334, or the like. The software itself (the recording and mastering process) is not accurate to that level. Whether one can hear such a speed difference, if the speed is constant over time, is open to debate. I happen to think even you would not hear it, but perhaps you would. However, the main point of my response to Suteetat was to say that it is not so much super accurate 33 and one-third rpm as it is speed constancy over even small time intervals, i.e., not "average" speed, that is of prime importance in assessing a turntable. And that is only my opinion, not necessarily gospel.
Suteetat, great post. On point.

PS has anybody ever tried Sutherland Timeline on recording cutting machine? I wonder if those machines will even past the test? Or whatever stamper making machine or whatnots?

Wouldn't it be naïve think that the music on vinyl has not been altered or even tweaked during the whole process of capturing and mixing the recording and making the record?

Not to say all vinyl has that flaw, but you have to think that a lot if not most vinyl is affected to some degree that way.

Isn't the making of a record like making sausage? You might be better off not knowing goes in to it.