Donald Fagen-Sunken Condos

Just got done listening twice to the new Donald Fagen CD "Sunken Condos". It's EXCELLENT!

Typical Fagen/Steely Dan affair, but a little more funky. Actually, it could have been a new Steely Dan album.

Yes, I am biased because Steely Dan is my favorite band, so they could probably sing the phone book and I would like it, but this really is a very good new album.

I favorite tracks are: "Good Stuff", "I'm Not The Same Without You" and "Out Of The Ghetto".

I'm still shacking my "groove thang" and the the CD has been over for awhile. This album seems to stay with you...
128x128mofimadness
I auditioned it, not enough of a departure from him/them to entice me to buy.
Okay, I now own this album as a CD, a hi-res download from HDTracks and as an iTunes set. And I must say something that as a Steely Dan / Donald Fagen fanatic since my high school days, I never thought I'd say: I hate this record. The sonics - while best to my ears on the hi-res FLAC download, still sound muffled and muddy to me. (RIP Roger Nichols!) And the writing is so below what DF is capable of. What a bummer.
I've also found the that last several releases from SD/WB/DF have felt a bit too familiar to get really excited about. I doubt that these guys will ever release a real flat-out dog because there's just too much talent and too much "quirkiness" on hand, but they do seem to cover the same ground a bit too often for my taste.

OTOH, I do agree with Wolf re: 11 Tracks of Whack. I've probably spent more time with that one than with anything else SD/DF/WB has released.
I think Fagen's guilty of setting the bar too high. 'Sunken Condos' is a good record, not great, and certainly not his best.

Rebbi, I'm left wondering why anyone would buy something THREE times and than profess to HATE the record?! Did you expect a different format to change your feelings about the music?