Well Tempered SIMPLEX or Rega RP6

Considering these two tables in the $1500-$2000 price range. I am already a fan of the Amadeus, and know it's sound well. I am hoping someone has an impression of how these two compare. Thanks !
fjn04
I think you answered your own question. Knowing how good the Amadeus sounds should resolve the issue, IMHO. I have owned and heard Regas and I can't imagine that the RP6 could match the magic of a WT design.

Disclaimer: Rabid Amadeus owner.

Shakey
Gotcha, and no doubt the Amadeus is quite special. I just thought since I have an Amadeus in my main system, maybe be a little more adventurous for my second system. I really like the looks, push-button speed setting, and cue lever on the RP6. Those ease of use features fall in to what I am looking for in a second system. However, its near time to pull the trigger, and I know best sound is #1 priority.
Can't you add the cueing device to the Simplex?

I agree about the speed changes. A pushbutton would be nice on the Amadeus.

Shakey
Hi Shakeydeal- I believe you can, but not sure if I will get it. I have certainly gotten used to not having it on the Amadeus. How are you liking the Benz on the Amadeus ? I think that arm works with a pretty wide array of cartridges. I see your wall mount setup. I will be wall mounting this time, and am intrigued by the springs you are using. Are they the one's from Geoff Kaitt's company, the Co. name escapes me....