Screw-down reflex clamps vs. record weights

Recently we have seen more and more 'record weights' on the market. These are normally lightweight(300-400gr)and simply sit on the record. They do not appear to give priority to bonding the record to the platter.
Two outstanding record weights of this type are the Kuzma Ebony Record Weight and the HiFi Tuning VRO ('vinyl resonance optimiser') - there is a review of this(for those who read German) at www.fairaudio.de.
It appears that these clamps, rather than channelling disc resonances away through the spindle and main bearing and/or optimising contact between the record and the platter surface, seek to absorb them directly (i.e. into the clamp itself).
The Kuzma Ebony is a particularly interesting case since it has been introduced by a company that supplies screw-down reflex clamps as standard on its high-end turntables.
My question is: has anybody had any experience of these clamps - probably 'vinyl resonance tuners' is a more appropriate term - on their turntables as replacements for screw-down reflex clamps? Clearly as a way of dealing with warped or dished records they will not be of much use, but it may be that they do a better job of damping the disc.
I would be particularly interested to hear of experiences involving SME turntables (whose platters incidentally are covered with a bonded layer of 'Isodamp' damping material).
Thanks,
Peter
pgtaylor
Al- I have one like that from the 80's as well. I think, believe it or not, it was branded as a "Monster" product, but I'd have to look.
FrankC- when you said you compared it to the Kuzma XL, were you referring to the turntable? And the factory clamp for that table?
Addendum:
Doing some Friday afternoon listening. On most LPs, there were no issue with using the record weights. but I got some rumbleing on side A of Diabolus in Musica. Then I switched over to the clamp, and the noise was gone. I then switched back to the ebony weight, and the noise was not there. Not sure what was going on. One sure thing is with the LP clamped down, I never had this issue.

FrankC
Correction: I meant to say we had also used the Kuzma ebony record weight in our comparison.

FrankC
Furutech Monza is the weight I use these days, however I only really use the Monza on my TW AC-3 some of the time. Generally when the bass needs a little more control of the lp is a little warped..

Otherwise I am nude. You get superior upper air and 3d imo than with a weight.