What's your SDS setting?

I'm just curious - for those who own a VPI Classic or any other turntable with the SDS - what's your setting for 33?

I noticed that mine needed to be adjusted once in a while, but substantially after I lubricated my Classic recently. It's currently at 60.40 Hz. When I initially lubricated the bearing with a Teflon-based grease, it caused the platter to slow down tremendously, to the point of an audible pitch change. Adjusting the speed up brought the platter up to the correct speed, but the sound was still anemic. I fixed it by re-lubricating the bearing with a mix of the grease and a high viscosity synthetic oil.

In the past I had the SDS set to as low as 59.95 Hz so I'm curious what others' experience is with the SDS, and what caused it to be adjusted.
actusreus
Thanks for the responses, guys.

The grease topic has been discussed in another thread I started so I don't want to turn this one into another grease thread, but I will say that the VPI grease also contains Teflon so it's very similar (or so I thought) to the bike grease I used. VPI ok'ed it as well.

Stringreen - my Classic was pre-lubricated with "wet" grease as I saw the excess come out a bit when I first started using the turntable. If there was any dry lubricant in my Classic, it should be long gone now as I've cleaned the bearing at least three times over the past two years.

After my experience with the slowing down of the platter after lubricating it, I believe the table sounds better at lower settings. The sound at 61.85 Hz was anemic and lacked the liveliness I heard when the SDS was set to just over 60 Hz. After I re-lubricated the bearing I was able to lower the setting by over 1 Hz, and the liveliness, energy, and snap came back.

I don't know whether the Super Platter requires a higher setting (apparently not per the poster above), but I am now of the opinion that there is a sonic benefit in having the SDS set to the lowest possible setting. Ensuring the platter spins effortlessly is one of the ways to accomplish it. For the Classic platter, a setting of almost 62 Hz seems very high to me. Since apparently the current frequency is quite stable, I'd think that the SDS should be set close to 60 Hz under most circumstances. If so, the higher setting could potentially be explained by less than ideal lubrication that causes the motor to struggle to maintain correct speed at 60 Hz.

Actusreus...I have a Superscout Rim Drive, so the SDS settings will be different from yours if you have a Classic. I have the 2 motors with the large flywheel, so I have to set the SDS to accomodate the 33/45 speeds. When I replaced my Superplatter with the Classic platter, I mistakenly put some lubricant on the ball not seeing any lubricant on the ball. Because of this, the platter would not turn at all. VPI told me of the dry lubricant....I removed the stuff I put on and it plays well now.
Stringreen,
Why did you change from the Superplatter to the Classic platter? Can you give some details as to their sonic differences? I presume your glad you changed?

BUT many years ago the rubber cable broke on my original Aries and I replaced it with a double run of fishing line.... Works great and maintains a constent 33.3

Tony