Think you know analog?

This guy knows analog as few will ever know. Take note, all self-proclaimed experts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsSY34wqiD4&feature=related
chayro
Um, the guy may be able to scratch (I don't know don't listen to that $hit) but my bleeping god. I knew more about turntable setup when I was about 12 years old than he does.

The SL-1200MKII series of tables rock, I had one modded by Kevin at KAB (brother-in-law has it now) and it holds its own but this video only proves to me to NEVER EVER BUY a DJ table esp. if a scratcher used it off eBay or Craigslist etc. The table in the video looks thrashed and I bet the arm bearings are buggered up as well as platter bearing.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

It's too bad Technics stopped making new SL-1200MKII's because out of the box brand new they are nice machines.

It's too bad Technics stopped making new SL-1200MKII's because out of the box brand new they are nice machines.

I got an SL1210 M5G (has OFC tonearm wire) from a Guitar Center for $500 in 2007. I've added various damping and platforming tweaks for not much money, and five years later I have no inclination to upgrade. For quite awhile you could get an SL1210 MkII from Musicians Friend for $399. That's an insanely low starting point for something so substantially and precisely built that spins the platter so accurately.