Dynavector XV-1S ---is it overkill for my system?

I've been enjoying my VPI Classic 1 w/ Dynavector 17D3 cartridge for a couple of years now, but I've got the upgrade bug and I'm ready to make the leap up to a higher performing cart. The Dynavector XV-1S is on my short list, but what do you guys think, is it overkill for my system?
Here are the rest of my components: Heed Quasar phono pre, VTL 2.5 preamp, McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe amp, Paradigm Studio 100 v.2 speakers, Cardas Golden Reference and Gabriel Gold Revelation interconnects and Wireworld Equinox speaker cables.
will_herrera
While procewise a step down from your current phono stage, maybe you should audition. Dyna P75. You get synergy with Dyna carts, and the ability to run in PE mode, which works especially well with thelow impedance Dyna carts like the XX-2 or 20X2L.
For your setup, either keep your cart and upgrade your phono stage or funds permitting, do both.

As for phono stage, I'd recommend either a Sutherland 20/20 or Parasound JC-3 or better yet a Linn Uphorik.

For a cart, I'd recommend either the Dynavector XX-2 MKII or the Lyra Delos. Anything more would be overkill for your setup.
Thanks for all the phono preamp recommendations! Only problem is, I've researched (or owned) all of these, and every one of them has a caveat or two that make them less than ideal:
Dynavector p75---had it for a while, to my ears it was unremarkable, and it was way too noisy in enhanced mode.
Sutherland 20/20---I liked what I read about it, and it sounded very promising, until I read in the Absolute Sound review that it may not be ideal (too smooth) for Rock aficionados (I listen to *alot* of Rock).
Parasound JC-3---no loading options, which makes me uncomfortable because I run my 17D3 at 470 ohm (sounded dead at 100 ohm).
Regarding the P-75 recommendation, I strongly disagree.

I sell both Heed Quasar and Dynavector P-75; at best the P-75 is a lateral move and more likely a step down.

Dealer disclaimer.