Michell Orbe SE

Hello members owning or having listening experience with this turntable. I know it's an older design and doesn't therefore get any new press, but the older reviews are very positive and it seems to have all or most of the bases covered in terms of design elements and build quality. Is it still considered a good/great 'table? How does it compare to more recent offerings from SME, TW Acustic and Brinkmann?
128x128jimbo2
Orbe SE is still a great table, I owned Michell tables a few years ago, they are still popular in the UK. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either Orbe or Gyrodec. I now own a TW Acustic which you wondered about.
Scar972,
What are your impressions of TW Acustic in comparison to the Orbe SE? Was thinking about Avid Acutus as the next upgrade. Great reviews, but not much feedbacks from owners.

FrankC
I had a Michell for many years gradually moving up the chain from a Gyro SE,to a Gyrodec and eventually to a modded Orbe. I used a variety of arms starting with a Rega 300 and then a RB 1000 and ending with a Triplanar.IMHO,the Michell is a truly special TT that is extremely finicky to set up (eg the gap between the felt washers and the bottom of the spring loaded chasis has to be 2mm). Properly set up the Orbe has a sense of air and finesse that I intially found wanting in the TT that replaced it :the TW AC 1. If you have the urge to upgrade, would strongly recommend that you demo the Raven or its more expensive sibling the TW AC 1.
Cheers
Pradeep