SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
Dev, Since I had decided to "make do" with my SP10 Mk3 in an elaborate plinth, I was not a serious contender for The Beat. Ergo I did not really make a lot of effort to determine its cost, so don't take my word for it. I do not in fact think that Steve has a "dealer network" for The Beat, since he himself is the dealer. The "real" price may well be only $20K, for all I know. Based on what I heard and the prices of similar level competition, that is not at all unreasonable. For example, the quote of $26K may have included a Reed tonearm and the Allnic Puritas cartridge, which sounded divine riding in the Reed on The Beat. You might want to speak to Mike Lavigne who owns one, if you are at all interested.

Don't tell me you own a Veyron (which really means "do tell me"). I saw only one in my life, parked next to a swank hotel in Geneva, Switzerland. It is far more beautiful and elegant in reality than in photos.
Lewm, SP10 MK3 is a wonderful table and I would never suggest different but as you know it really does take a bit of effort and money to get the best out of it.

When you referred to the BEAT and mentioned you not being a serious contender, why?

My understanding is everything that Steve has learned from working with other tables in general he has transfered into making the Kondo The Beat table.

I have spoken with Mike several times and he is lovin his Beat table along with his other ones also.

As you know Steve being heavily into doing this along with others.

Reason I mentioned "DEALER" for the Beat was because of two reason's, the price you had mentioned if it was only for the table and I have also seen a ad in relation to it posted by member Dlanselm for his new company called "Almost Live Audio" here on Audiogon.

Yes I agree the Veyron must be seen in person to truly appreciate.
Manitunc.
have you heard the Delphi MkVI?
I've read and chatted with Jacques of Oracle who says that the new bearing is a great improvement over the last one.
Glad you like your new TR .....always great to buy something and have it be all you want it to be.
Dev,
"SP10 MK3 is a wonderful table and I would never suggest different but as you know it really does take a bit of effort and money to get the best out of it."

Yes, and I have spent both (effort and money). You may view a photo of the "finished" product in my system portfolio. A slate plinth 2.5 inches thick is bolted to a solid cherry and baltic birch base, to provide constrained damping. The Mk3 chassis is bolted through both sections, from below. Within the wood base is housed a large brass block. A threaded brass rod runs through the block to contact the underside of the bearing housing, a la Albert's plinths. The whole shebang sits on a carefully contrived suspension. The tonearm board is also made of slate, but I also have spares made of aluminum, and brass is planned. The Beat would be outside my budget, is all I meant to say. I prefer the fun of DIY in a perverse way.
By the way, the Mk3 was NOS; nevertheless I had it fully serviced by Bill Thalmann who also does Albert's tables. Bill found several leaky electrolytic capacitors in the power supply, despite or perhaps because of its virgin status. (Charging up an electrolytic periodically will extend its lifespan a bit, compared to its shelf life.) I am sure you would not leave your Veyron sitting around idle.
What happened to the SME 20/3 discussion? Could we get back to the OP? I too would like to hear from others who own it or who have heard it and compared it to other tables at a similar price point. SME tables are being sold in relatively large numbers but are not often discussed in these forums. How do they compare to the competition, especially the DD tables? I own an SME 10 and am thinking of upgrading.