Record Cleaning Machine RCM

My present vinyl collection consists of about 100 LPs. On average, I purchase about 3-5 new LPs per year when the annual HI-FI Show comes to town. I've always purchased new with the odd purchase coming from friends for mint condition used LPs. My analog set-up is a VPI Scoutmaster.

I've read some very positive comments concerning the benefits of using a RCM and I'm serioulsy considering purchasing one.

For the money, I'm looking at the VPI HW-16.5 but I've read posts where people are complaining about how hot the unit gets due to the lack of a cooling fan while others have complainted about the noise. Should I be concerned?

My next choice up would be the VPI HW-17 but this unit costs about 2.5x more.

Suggestions / comments?
agiaccio
Check the age of the posts you have read. I can't remember clearly but I believe earlier versions of the VPI 16.5 had overheating issues, but were resolved (or at least reduced) a long time ago by VPI.

I've had the 16.5 for about 7 years and have not had an overheating problem even once.
I have had my 16.5 for about 5 years, cleaned about 1100 LPS in that time, each LP with two to three solutions which is 2-3 times the work of a single solution cleaning. I usually clean three LPS, both sides, and take a break. I have only repeated cleaning on one album in that time. I am very happy with the 16.5.
I just bought a 16.5 and find it very easy to use and a definite plus. Cleaning is so easy now and the quality of sound is much better!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and get one you'll wonder why you waited this long.
I agree with the above positive posts. I’ve owned and use my 16.5 for three years now and have experienced no problems. It might be the best machine to buy for the price. I would only consider replacing it if I was going to purchase a Loricraft (RCM) which sells for several thousands of dollars.
I had the 16.5 and it worked well I didn't use it so much, but when you only have 100 Records and you buy about 5 per year then go for it. The Danger of getting deaf is minor. I bought some earplugs...