MintLP arc protractor

I'm talking to Yip about a protractor for a Rega RB-300 mounted on a VPI HW-19 Mark III. To verify the desired 222mm spindle to pivot distance I cut a piece of cardboard 222mm in length. I measured from the spindle to the center of the armboard mounting hole. It looks to be spot on at 222mm. Is there a more accurate way to measure so that I can confirm my initial findings?

Wendell
narrod
I recently got a Mint for a Rega RB-300 on a Thorens TD-850. 222 worked fine. Dougdeacon's suggestion for finding the pivot point sounds great. You may still need a caliper (a small one) to measure the spindle diameter.
Polk432, "The mint LP will be more accurate. It is worth the money."

Perhaps true but not the question of my original post. Yip is insistent on the correct spindle to pivot distance and I want to be certain that I've measured 222mm correctly before placing the order. It doesn't take much error to be a mm off.

Wendell
Do you know if Yip will be basing the protractor on Stevenson or Baerwald or Loefgren? I am curious because I heard that Stevenson is best if using a mounting distance of 222 mm. Not sure how credible this is.
Since a Rega is not designed for Baerwald, *some* cartridges may be too short (from the plane of the mounting holes to the stylus) to be aligned using that scheme. The headshell slots may not allow shorter cartridges to be slid far enough forward to achieve alignment.

Not a common problem, but not completely unknown.