Vpi vs. TW Acustic

My analog rig consists of a VPI Aries I, Triplanar, and Benz LP. My SoCal dealer suggests the Grand Prix Monaco TT should be my next move. However I don't have that kind of moola lying around and just try finding a used one. It ain't happening. So, would the TW Raven One be a big improvement over the the Aries or too much of a sideways move? And without the opportunity to audition, too risky?
hifigary
Hifigary,

If after adding the Triplanar there is still something missing, you should perhaps look into the phono preamp.

In many analog setups, the phono stage can make a huge difference. I think it'll help to mention what phono preamp you're currently using.

After having the EAR 324 for about 1 1/2 years, I recently added the Einstein Turntable's Choice phono preamp (single ended) and it made a huge improvement over the 324.
Isanchez and others, thanks for your suggestions. I have not decided on any table yet. I welcome opinions on any table that may come into play. BTW my preamp is a Hovland hp100 w/ MC... I think I may pay Brooks a visit today for some free analog therapy!
Hifigary,

Good luck with your analog therapy! If you can, you should perhaps audition some phono preamps while you are at your dealer. You'll be surprised at how different the same analog setup can sound with various phono preamps.
Hifigary,

The Hovland is outstanding. In my opinion you're going to have to spend alot to get significantly better.

Wendell
One of the biggest "phoney" rip offs in the high end is on the turntable front!!Here,most folks simply go for the biggest hype products,and seldom use common sense to make a personal decision.

The table is meant to "simply" spin a record,without adding much of it's own character.Of course getting it "perfect" is kinda tough,but there are a host of not very pricey tables that will do the job most admirably.

Yet,this is high end audio,and alot of folks like to think they are getting better performance,because they have spent alot of money.These are the not too high audio IQ hobbyists,who are led by the nose by audio reviewers or,as in the case on this thread(from personal experience)by audio retailers,who have ONE agenda....guess what that might be?

A good VPI or Sota will knock the socks off of the over-priced,underdesigned(but OH So Pretty)Raven!

You also get a Company that is local(in the USA)and will probably be around after the economy shakes out....yet....

Common sense does not always prevail in high end audio!!

Best to all