What is the Phono stage you have finished with?

Hello, Like many I have an e.a.r 834p, and it has served me well for many years, I am now however looking for a new MC phono stage. I am up for going quite a few stages up from the ear (so the next phono will last me a few years!).

Would like to hear from you guys who have already gone down this road!
Happy listening

Cheers
James
sme10
Lacee, Yes if the noise floor of your TT is higher than your phono stage then it may be a waste of money. But if you want to hear the differences that upgrading your TT make then having a quiet phono stage will tell you if you are going in the right direction.
The Zesto Andros PS1. Since I have a fully upgraded Linn LP12, I considered the Linn Uphorik and Eureka. After hearing the Linn phono stages, I'm very pleased with the PS1. It does everything I want from a phono stage. Precise imaging, deep and wide soundstage, lots of detail and always musical. It is my end game phono stage.
I have owned a few, upgraded from the Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena to the Icon Audio PS3 MM MC tubed pre.
Loving it too.
Hagerman Trumpet
I have one of the later iterations of the Trumpet. It has aluminum front and back panels. I took delivery of it in January of this year. Very happy. This one should last me the rest of the way.

I had used a Wright WPP100C. Eleven years with that one. I would classify the Wright as exceptional for the money. Very good, but not great. The Trumpet betters the Wright in every way I can think of.

I'd spent some quality time with a Tom Evans Microgroove-Plus. It was probably better than the Wright in terms of speed and immediacy. But there was a slight solid-state aftertaste which I could readily perceive. Odd. On the one hand, a seemingly transparent delivery which nonetheless left its notes in a very slightly white translucency. Or the mental impression of that. Probably, it was system dependent. The Wright, on the other hand, offered a tubey warmth that seemed closer to right within the context of the system and budget at the time. Oh, and the TE was a bit higher priced.

But the Hagerman Trumpet has the speed, immediacy, dynamics, transparency, details micro and macro in stark clarity. This is closer to it. And then it fit my modest budget.

-Steve
The Linn Uphorik MM/MC external phono stage is absolutely amazing and provides lots of adjustments.