Linn LP-12 still competitive with the very best?

Hi folks, I wonder if the Linn LP-12 is still competitive with the best offerings from Avid, VPI, TW Acoustics, Teres, Galibier and Transrotor. If that is the case, then it's cheaper to go for a LP-12. What are the weak points of the LP-12? Which tt is better: the Thorens TD124 or Linn LP-12?

Chris
dazzdax
Daveyf, yes I listened to all of them, the LP12 with Keel, Ekos SE etc. compared in the same System to another full loaded LP12, I was in so many Linn Demos that I would like to have some money for visiting them in future.
Lots of years ago I was interested in one of those, because full loaded ones were very cheap 2. hand, I compared them in Dealer shops among themselves and after a while I knew the reason.
I am not a Dealer. Just a regular customer.
Syntax,

With your gear, the Linn being its equal is like saying Johnny Unitas is Peyton Manning's equal.

Unitas was pretty good in his day and few would find fault with him nonetheless despite it being difficult to argue that he was the equal of today's "SOTA".

I would still like to pay him the salary he earned and have him in his prime on my team today though. I might even chose that over paying Peyton what he is worth in comparison.
I'm a fan of the LP12 and considering my first audition was back in the late 70's... good show !!!!

That aside, i have never compared the sound of an LP12 to current modern SOTA stuff , but i would not expect to hear bad sound from an LP12 unless it was very poorly setup and i have heard bad sound from some of these modern setups.

regards,
Syntax, so you have heard the new Radikal power supply with the Keel and Ekos SE?
BTW, I never remember the 'fully loaded' tables being 'very cheap' BUT I guess that is a relevant term!
Not being a dealer, you do have an impressive collection of gear....almost like you have one of everything..:0)
Aguadiem, I hope I caught you in time(before upgrades). I believe that the radikal(or something) should be bought before the keel or ekos SE. You should look into it further. BTW, I believe the general perception in the UK is much different than the one here about the Linn.