The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
32 years ago, I heard the best, and they are still the best today-MBL. No other speaker has the spatial quality that those NBL drivers have. I was a hi-end audio dealer through from 78-98. wish I had bought me a pair the first time I heard them.
Ozarktom, I too heard the first prototypes of the MBL in Chicago long ago. They were very strident but had great promise if they could be mated with other drivers to get some bass. I still think that is true, but they are less strident now.
Unit Audio's Fountain Head Speaker by Unity Audio by Bob Grost give the best midrange upper and low tone quality. I have not compaired them to others but wanted to see what others thought of Unity Audio