Raven owners - how's your mid-range?

I've replaced my 30 year-old Rega Planar 3 with the Raven AC and the luscious midrange I used to have is GONE!!!!
With the same Hadcock GH 228 and ZYX Universe that I had on the Rega, the Raven has increased treble information and energy, but has removed the palpable 3-dimensional depth I used to have with the Rega 3.
I've also mounted a Dynavector DV1s on a new Continuum Copperhead tonearm with even MORE devastating results.....hugely emphasised treble energy, but 2-dimensional recessed mids!
I have tried all combinations of VTA and VTF with little improvement in the mids.
Have any of you also experienced this in a high mass table?...or are there any ideas/suggestions for bringing back my beautiful midrange?
128x128halcro
I have a Basis 2500 up for sale now, and the Raven one
was in the small handfull that I am considering. It may
be beneficial for Raven owners to know your amp, preamp,
speakers. I would think it would help them get a better
idea regarding your findings. Hope this will helps.
We're comparing apples to apples.
Rega Planar 3, Hadcock GH228, ZYX Universe.
Raven AC, Hadcock GH228, ZYX Universe.
With Rega, superb deep 3D midrange.
With Raven, recessed 2D unconvincing midrange.
For what it's worth, Halcro DM10 Preamp, Halcro DM58 monoblocks.
Wow - something is clearly amis.

I am running the Raven One, and really considered the Copperhead heavily, but since I had a Phantom sitting in a box, I just went and kept that.

I went from a Well Tempered table and arm to the Raven/Phantom and didn't notice the kind of spectral shift you are referring to. The Tonal balance was not different. I wish you luck - you have a remarkable LP playback system there and I hope you find it's magic.

Fjn - I highly suggest the Raven One with the best arm you can afford. If you buy it and don't like it I will furnish you with my address and you can come beat me to a bloody pulp. The above offer does not extend to you Halcro, since you have a pre-existing condition.
Thanks for posting this. I have been very seriously thinking of buying the Raven One. I hope you get more feedback on this.