Teres still the way to go?

Thinking about going with a Teres 255 again (I've owned one before and loved it). Just wanted to see if there is anything else I should consider in the same price range. Thoughts?
128x128nrenter
For those following this thread, Thom has posted more info on the Serac on the Galibier site. Can't wait until they ship and reviews start to surface.
All,

I'm still waiting to pick up the bases. As soon as they land, I'll snap some quick photos (saving better ones for later) and will update the Serac page with them.

I'm still working on some additional packages for the Serac and will post those on the Serac page. Thanks for hanging in there ...

As a means of clarification to some observations made above, I just received a price quote for shipping a Gavia to Singapore.

All crated up, it tips the scales at 225 pounds. The shipping estimate for door to door delivery is $650. Landing at the Singapore airport is about $100 less. Of course, customs duties are extra.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this number, as it exceeds the cost of landing one in the UK by only $175 ... this after a round of fuel surcharges by the major shippers.

Cheers,
Thom @ Galibier

All crated up, it tips the scales at 225 pounds. The shipping estimate for door to door delivery is $650.
Aah, the downside of a mass-loaded design. :)
Thom,

What's going on with the Serac? I see the pricing has increased by about $1k. Any updates?
I went with another Teres!!!

I guess you could call it a "Teres 245 on steroids"

- Cocobolo base
- Cocobolo armboard
- Cocobolo clamp
- Solid acrylic platter
- Verus motor

I'll be mounting an Origin Live Silver mk III and a Denon 103R. I hope the cocobolo will match the cocobolo trim on my GMA Callistos. I'll post my thoughts after I receive it.