Whats under your VPI Scout / Scoutmaster?

I used to use a Gingko Cloud 10 under my Scout, when I upgraded to a Scoutmaster the table weighed too much for the platform and it was just a little too small and I never got around to ordering another one...until now. I want to take a poll and see what others are using and what your thoughts are. Considerations at this point are Brightstar Airmass, SRA Tremorless (VR series if I get serious) or Gingko Cloud.

Ideally I would like a two piece platform, an isolated one for the motor and another for the table.

Thanks guys.
dlwask
Interesting idea on the butcher and maple blocks, where did you guys find them?
I built mine, but you can buy any butcher block. Be sure to get hard maple though........... I really think the type of wood makes a difference. Mapleshade actually has some nice looking maple stuff too.
Try Chris at www.timbernation.com. He will make you whatever you want in 7-10 days in your choice of 2" or 3" maple or cherry with or without brass cones. He is very reasonably priced too and has worked with many audiophools like us.

In my case I have a new Critical Mass Systems platform on the way for my Scoutmaster and will let you know how it sounds in a couple of months.
Hi Dlwask, Yes maple works very well, vertical grain butcher block style that is.I have some cabinet making skills along with use of a shop. Im going to spend some time and money building afew platforms for my own Scoutmaster to find out what works the very best.I also need new equiptment stands for my system.Im going to experiment with different types of maple for each platform along with different dimensions of blocks. Right now Im using a maple platform made up of two inch long by one inch by one inch thick blocks set vertical when glued.The bottom of the platform was scooped out to set and hold three tennis size balls for feet,works verygood.I will also look into using different species of hard and soft woods and a combination of.Even some man made materials mixed in perhaps.For platform feet ,Im going to try out Finite Elemente Cerabase...Web site finite-element.de.These feet are height adjustable,will hold alot of weight and suppose to be very,very good.A high level of design and engineering went into these.I have some Symposium roller blocks right now that I use to good effect under my amps .I can borrow a wide range of other isoltion feet to check out.Now,there is sometime involved here.This is not a weekend project.Anyway, I think it will be very interesting and fun at the sametime...Dlwask,How is that new V.P.I. Sig. arm performing?
Hi Stilskin, please keep us updated on your project. My scoutmaster currently sits in my diy rack which is made of 1 3/4" red oak. The rack sits on brass cones on a floating floor. When I first got the TT I was getting "feedback" at high volume levels. Believe it or not I purchased small round hard rubber "feet" that go under furniture and put them under the scoutmaster feet and it completely elimiated the "feedback"