Nakamichi Cassette Decks

I would like to hear from anyone who can tell me if the Nakamichi decks are better than say a upper end Denon DRW 800A, And second is there a big dirrence in the way the different models sound in playback mode. I' thinking of buying a Nakamichi MR2
fleeceba
Thanks for the info, when you refer to thier better models which would those be?? Could you be more specific.
The RX 505 or the CR7A, or the Dragon are hard to beat at any price. I had the RX 505 for a number of years and regret (a little) selling the unit. The CR7A and Dragon are fantastic units, and arguably among the best cassette decks ever made, by anyone.
I agree that Naks rule, but as mentioned above Teac and Tandberg, especially Tandberg, made some really sweet decks. If you're going to get a Nak get something older, the newer decks were still nice, but they didn't have that "magic" sound quality of the truly great Naks. Besides with used prices being what they are, it's easy to get a great deck cheap.
I currently own the 680ZX, 550 (2 of them), and 480. I preferred the 680Zx to the Dragon and think it could be one of the best decks Nak built.

I also own a Tandberg 440A and that is quite a nice deck as well. You can occasionally find them on eBay pretty cheap.