Nakamichi Cassette Decks

I would like to hear from anyone who can tell me if the Nakamichi decks are better than say a upper end Denon DRW 800A, And second is there a big dirrence in the way the different models sound in playback mode. I' thinking of buying a Nakamichi MR2
fleeceba
I've always heard Naks are the best but let me relate an experience I had. While living in Champagne. Il. during the early 90s a Nak rep came to a local high end shop to promote his product. He offered a free test and tune up for any cassette users. I took my Teac V800X deck for the offer. The rep seemed truly shocked at the test results of my deck, and so was I. The spec sheet he printed out showed a flat and extended frequency response much better than expected. I have to say that in direct comparison it was difficult to tell the difference between source and tape.
I sold the deck a few years ago but it was still working great when it left me.
Thanks for the info, when you refer to thier better models which would those be?? Could you be more specific.
The RX 505 or the CR7A, or the Dragon are hard to beat at any price. I had the RX 505 for a number of years and regret (a little) selling the unit. The CR7A and Dragon are fantastic units, and arguably among the best cassette decks ever made, by anyone.
I agree that Naks rule, but as mentioned above Teac and Tandberg, especially Tandberg, made some really sweet decks. If you're going to get a Nak get something older, the newer decks were still nice, but they didn't have that "magic" sound quality of the truly great Naks. Besides with used prices being what they are, it's easy to get a great deck cheap.