Anyone familiar with the Kenwood KD 750 turntable?

I am looking at a Kenwood KD750 turntable (circa 1978-1982) that is in near perfect condition, but can't find any information on this TT. I tried searching the forums and Google to no avail. I do know it has a direct drive and is fitted with the stock arm and no cartridge. The whole TT is very heavy and the base is Rosewood. I wonder if it might be similar to the Technics SL-1200mk.

Thank you for any information.
busman
Experienced slowdown speed, then NO speed from a KD750. No chance in hell repairing one without a service manual. The most complex circuit board I ever seen on a TT. NAND and NOR gates,Hex inverters,Flip-flops,OP Amp,several other ICs
uncrossable, and 4 transistors that are N.L.A.
Mine was a freebie and I'll buy the manual,but wouldn't bother looking at the inards unless you just want to be overwhelmed by complex circuitry. Good luck.
I have not looked at a 750, but many of the Kenwoods had a speed stability problem created by aging/oxidized/corroded switch components under the 33rpm/45rpm speed control buttons, which on many units was a toggle type switch.

If you play with putting subtle changes in pressure up and down on the speed change button(s), and observe crazy speed fluctuations, then a thorough cleaning of the switch internals may solve the problem.
I solved my speed problems by replacing the standard adjustment pots with 2 larger outboard ones mounted in the side of the bottom metal plate. The original pots were there only for setting the speeds to initiate the quartz lock when you press the 33/45 speed buttons. I can now spin up the speed to 78 rpm at the 45 speed switch setting. Mine was a little rough when I got it but I have tweaked it to satisfaction. Mounted with a Dynavector 50 it's a great sounding deck. I am interested in buying another 750 or 850 if someone has one with problems. Thanks
I have the Kenwood KD 750 ,and i have the same problem ..instability of the speed,,after 10 minutes the turntable stops,, i move the buttons ,i turn off the switch and when turn on the main switch, for some minutes it works ,,then it stops again...how i`ll solve this problem ...thanks
The problem insist.. I have the Kenwood KD 750 ,and i have the same problem ..instability of the speed,,after 10 minutes the turntable stops,, i move the buttons ,i turn off the switch and when turn on the main switch, for some minutes it works ,,then it stops again...how i`ll solve this problem ...thanks
[email protected]